Sunday 1 December 2013

lucy loves... Christmas

I've actually wanted to write this post for well over a month but have refrained! Every Saturday for the past eight weeks I have been watching a Christmas film. Yes I know I'm a little sad but I am just so excited. I have already done most of my Christmas shopping (yes once again I know this is a little sad!).

My gorgeous baubles from last year's Christmas tree

I just love all of the merriment and good cheer all around at this time of year. Carols, mulled wine, mince pies, decorations, even those red cups at Starbucks. It's just lovely. Our local park, St Andrew's, holds an outdoor carol service which is a lovely community event which I drag everyone I can to, with lanterns and the best singing voices we can muster. And, like many, my favouriate thing is getting to see all of our lovely friends and family as everyone heads back home for the Christmas holiday.

Sometimes its the run up that is even more fun. But since Amelia arrived over five years, Christmas is now firmly all about her and the excitement and enjoyment she gets over the big day and Father Christmas!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the first lot of lucy loves... festive stationery which we will be sharing very soon!

The tree will be going up shortly, the Christmas jumper will be on and as it's now 1st December, I will shortly be tucking into a mince pie!

Oh and as for Christmas films, my particular faves are; Home Alone (1 and 2!), Elf, Arthur Christmas and The Holiday. Oh and Santa Claus the Movie, Love Actually, Miracle of 34th Street, Muppet's Christmas Carol...

Season's greetings.

love amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment