Monday 12 May 2014

lucy loves... Laura Power Photography



We'd chatted a bit over Twitter but I only met Laura Power for the first time at the 'Off to Wed' Wedding Fair in February of this year. But once chatting with Laura, you feel like you've known her for years and I can only imagine her couples feel exactly the same and then know right away they've made the right choice for their wedding photographer. Her energy is infectious.

Laura is a creative and alternative wedding photographer and she provides a wonderfully personal service for her couples (as well as truly stunning, honest photographs). What I love about Laura is that she makes a real effort to get to know her couples which in turn means they get beautiful, genuine and candid photos which represent them and their special day perfectly. There is always a level of fun to her pics as well, which shines through (not forgetting the family/group pictures if wanted).

In her own words Laura says "I shoot in a ‘documentary style’ throughout your day, but also like to capture quirky moments and I love to explore unique locations for couple shots". And most importantly, Laura LOVES her job and you can see that in her and the photos she produces.

In a funny turn of events, Laura and I actually have mutual contacts, firstly her Aunt, who I work with in my 'day job'. But also Laura had the same wedding photographer (Emma Case) as my sis for her own wedding and we all used the same amazing florist, Sorori Design, for our weddings. It's a small wedding world!

Laura is photographing one of my lovely couples (Charlotte & Adam) wedding in July and I cannot wait to share her pictures with you as well as have her photograph my work.

To find out more about Laura and see more of her work, click here and have a look below...









I just love this last one and the two ladies on the far right! Amazing!

Laura and I are also planning to do some styled shoots together in the not too distant future, so watch this space...

love lucy x

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Superb place dear! Where is that location of Phoenix Venues? I think you had celebrated a green wedding there. Any way I need to have sharing of your experiences of this greenery kind of location. Please do that to me here.

    ReplyDelete