Thursday 9 January 2014

lucy loves... Golden Glamour Styled Shoot

All photographs courtesy of Courtney Louise Photography and all styling by Weddings by Sophie

So I've chatted about this a bit on the blog but I can finally share the photos from the styled shoot for Cotswold Style Magazine I was involved in just before Christmas. I've had to wait a while as it was for the January issue which is out now!

Organised by wedding planner Sophie Smith, who I previously featured on the blog here, I was honoured and very excited to be asked but also if I'm totally honest, because it was my first time doing something like this, a little nervous!

I was given the brief of  'golden and glamourous' for a winter themed wedding. So I got to work and designed Save the Dates, invites, menu cards and a few other on the day stationery pieces.

I decided to use a range of fonts and gold colours to create the glamorous feel as well as using an elegant motif which was echoed throughout the stationery pieces. To add to the luxurious look and feel I added gold ribbon and crystals for extra sparkle as well as using sumptuous luxury paper. And if I do say so myself, I love the confetti/Save the Date idea!

The Save the Date with confetti for guests to keep for the big day

The outside of the invites with added gold ribbon and luggage tag

Inside the pocket fold invitation with added gold ribbon and crystal details

Menu card with ribbon detail continued

Beautifully styled table including menu cards

Signage for the pop up bar

Signage for the amazing cakes

And I couldn't be more thrilled with the results! I'm really pleased with the stationery but they have really come alive with the fabulous styling on the day and all of the other wonderful suppliers who contributed to the shoot. To see a digital copy of the magazine, click here.

Here's a few more of the other parts of the shoot. So many lovely things!

The stunning venue - Manor by the Lake

The first of the two beautiful Ian Stuart gowns

The mouth watering looking cake by Curtis & Co

The fabulous top table style by Sophie Smith

The pop up bar by Charlie's Bar with with the second of the two Ian Stuart dresses

You can see more pictures from the shoot on the Weddings by Sophie blog. Also click here to watch a lovely video from Mr & Mrs Productions from the day.

Hope you like it!

love lucy x

The lovely list...
  • Venue - Manor by the Lake
  • Publication - Cotswold Style
  • Wedding Planner / Stylist - Weddings by Sophie
  • Model - Iris Fitzgerald
  • Photographer - Courtney Louise Photography
  • Wedding Cake - Curtis & Co
  • Dessert Table Treats - Made by Marie Green
  • Stationery - Lucy loves Weddings
  • Vintage Crockery & Glassware
  • Accessories & Table Linens - The Vintage Hire and A Table to Dine For
  • Florist - Daisy Lane Floral Design
  • Pop up Vintage Bar - Charlie’s Bars
  • Hair - Bella Bridal Hair
  • Make Up - Make up by Vanessa
  • Wedding Dresses - Ian Stuart gowns from ‘Wedding days of Cheltenham’
  • Snow! - Major Events
  • Videography - Mr & Mrs Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment